The latest Blackboard update allows you to group courses by term. The “P”, “F” and “C” designations for past, future and current courses will be removed and instead classes can be listed by term and year. For example, summer quarter’s heading will read (201560) Summer 2015 and under the heading you will have a list of your summer courses, for example, EDU6976_60180_201560: EDU6976 Interprtg&Apply Ed Research II (60180).
You will see the new naming convention beginning with your summer quarter classes. In order to see your courses grouped by term, you will need to enable this feature in your course list. The steps to complete this are listed below. Please contact ETM if you have any questions.
To Group your courses by term:
1. Log into Blackboard
2. Click on the Courses Tab
3. Hover your mouse over the words Course List and a gear con will appear
4. Click on the gear and check the box for “Group by Term”
5. Press submit
You can also modify other course options under the “Course List” tab. For example, you can hide the Course ID to make the course title shorter, and you can hide past courses that you do not want to see in your course list.
By following the above steps your courses will be organized by term ONLY when you click the courses tab in Blackboard. To make the My SPU tab show your courses organized by term follow these steps.
1. Select the My SPU tab in the top left
2. Select Add Module
3. Add the Course List module
4. Click My SPU again
5. Now you should see the course list module on the bottom left of the My SPU page
6. You can reposition this module by moving your cursor to the top of the module and dragging it to it’s intended location.
Now your courses in the My SPU tab are organized by term.